Weeknight Recipe Idea:
- 1 box cuttlefish spaccatelli pasta
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil with capers
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs of tomatoes (about three)
- 1 sprig of basil
- Sea salt to taste
- Pinch of Celery seeds
- Pinch of Chili flakes
- Pinch of Garlic powder
- Splash of Colatura
- Splash of Omed Rose Vinegar
- Heat 4 Tbsp olive oil In a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, a pinch of celery seeds, a pinch of chili flakes and a splash of colatura. Cook until tomatoes begin to fall apart, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cans of tuna with capers and enough water to cover the fish completely. Turn heat down to low and simmer covered for about 25 minutes. The fish should be tender and the water 50% evaporated.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Stirring occasionally until al dente. Coat in a tablespoon of butter, lightly season with salt & set aside.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Stir the sauce with sprig of basil continuously for 20 seconds. Remove and discard basil (it’s oils are now in your sauce).
- Stir sauce into cooked noodles. Allow to rest and marinate for 5-10 minutes. Finish with a splash of OMed rosé vinegar and a generous pour of extra virgin olive oil. Salt to taste.